Effective Utilities takes your privacy seriously. We do not share your details with anybody else other than our suppliers to facilitate the services that we provide.
When you submit a web form we collect your information and like all online businesses, we collect usage information when a user visits our website.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information to:
- Deal with your enquiry
- Send you special offers and news by email (all with unsubscribe options)
- Tailor our services to your requirements and preferences
- For the purposes of providing you with our services, customer care and improving our service to you
Who We Share Your Information With
Your information is only shared with certain third parties, our selected business partners and service providers, in order to administer your requests. For example, we give your details to the energy supplier to achieve the best price. We do not share your information for marketing purposes.
We may use your information to contact you with relevant and similar marketing promotions from companies within the Effective Energy Group Ltd. We may also contact you with relevant marketing promotions from some carefully selected third party companies. We may contact you with up and coming promotions and news via telephone, email, direct mail, SMS, or RSS feeds.
We may also contact you by post with specific offers, brochure content, product information or competitions from companies within the Effective Energy Group Ltd.
Your calls may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes.
All personal information held by us is done so in accordance with the Data Protection Act (1998).
You have the right to unsubscribe from any future marketing communications. If you would like to unsubscribe from our newsletters and reminders please do so by clicking on the unsubscribe link within the emails. Alternatively you can write to us requesting this removal at We will ensure that you are removed from all future communications.
Customers not happy with the level of service provided are able to send a complaint to us at the below address:
Upon receiving your complaint:
- Our customer care process starts with listening so we can fully understand any issue you may have.
- If the issue is an immediate safety concern, then this will be instantly escalated to a manager for resolution.
- We acknowledge all complaints in writing within 24hrs in which we detail our resolution process and provide you with a point of contact.
- We will then investigate your concern and work with you to a resolution within 24hr period (unless agreed alternatively with you).
- You can contact us at any time to discuss your issue.
- We will confirm our resolution in writing and talk to you to confirm you are satisfied.
- If you are still not happy, a manager will contact you to resolve your issue and help you access any relevant ombudsmen service.
A full and binding agreement will be issued for all services and products. We set out below standard service levels and terms prior to sale.
Level of Service
With your consent and in a timely manner we will provide you with a quotation from our energy supplier partners for the supply of gas and/or electricity for your business.
We will liaise with you and our suppliers to ensure we obtain:
- A letter of authority from you to contact energy suppliers on your behalf
- Quotation/s for the supply of energy for your business
- Energy supplier contracts and terms of business for you to agree
When speaking to you we will aim to ensure that:
- There are no pressured sales techniques
- There is no miss-leading sales information
- We provide you and your business the right product to suit your needs
- There is no glossing over details which are important to you and your business
We will send you:
- An energy supplier contract to sign
- The contract length
- The contract start and end dates
- All charges
- Energy supplier payment terms
- The next steps to secure your energy contract
Please be aware that:
- Not all contracts will be accepted by energy suppliers
- All outstanding balances should be paid from your current supply contract
- Energy suppliers might contact you directly during the process and contract
Effective Utilities agrees to incorporate and abide to:
- Data Protection Act
- Business Protection from Misleading Marketing Regulations 2008 (BPMMRs)
- TPI Code of Practice
Fees and Payment
Acting as your energy consultant we will seek payment either:
- Directly from you the customer before or after the set up
- Directly from the energy supplier as part of your contract (uplifted to incorporate our fees)
Should we require payment directly from you we will inform you prior to sale. Otherwise, unless informed, you should anticipate all contracts incurring our fees direct from the energy supplier we have recommended for your business. Fees required are to ensure that we provide you with competitive energy procurement services and to arrange for your contract set up and administration.
We may carry out a customer satisfaction surveys. This information will also be used to improve our products and services.
Online Switching Amazon Voucher Terms and Conditions
- Available to the first energy contract from our online website in July 2017
- Contract must be verified and locked in with energy supplier
- Amazon Vouchers only and not transferable for cash value or other vouchers
- You agree to Effective Utilities Ltd sharing your company details on social media and advertising campaigns in future
£100 Fixed Fee Gas Procurement Terms and Conditions
- This offer is for gas contracts only
- This offer is for gas contracts equalling 5 meters or less
- This offer is subject to supplier contract acceptance
- £100 will be payable 30 days from contract go live direct to Effective Utilities via BACS or Direct Debit for the procurement of the gas contract
- The contract start date must be in the next 12 months from 15/11/2017
- Energy Supply Contract will remain as a separate agreement and any contract acceptance will hold separate terms and conditions of supply and this offer is not in conjunction with any energy supplier offers.
- This offer will end on 15th December 2017 12 pm.
- Effective Utilities may end this offer at any given time without notice.